Links to other dolphin or whales related pages[Home] [Photos] [Report]
Here are some links to other places on the internet where you can find more info about dolphins. It's not complete and some links might not work.
Please let me know if your page is whale/dolphin related and you want me to add it here in the list of links.
- The Electroic Zoo.
You just have to add this to your bookmarks. It's a collection of links to all kind of info on the net about animals. Databases, sounds, images. A great idea!
- Jaap's page about marine mammals. All species listed with some info about them. And more.
- The WWW Virtual Library
The VL is the oldest catalog of the web, started by Tim Berners-Lee, the creator of the web itself. Unlike commercial catalogs, it is run by a loose confederation of volunteers, who compile pages of key links for particular areas in which they are expert; even though it isn't the biggest index of the web, the VL pages are widely recognised as being amongst the highest-quality guides to particular sections of the web.
- Dolphins Plus Home Page.
A place where you can learn more about dolphins.
- The Marine Mammal Page.
Mark is an ex dolphin trainer.
They offer paying (that means you have to pay) volunteers to work with scientist all over the world on projects and surveys that are related to nature and culture. They also have some programs with marine mammals. I joined one of their programs and enjoyed it very much.
Everyone knows Sea World, the big marine parks. They have some info about bottlenose dolphins and some other animals.
- Shetland Cetacean Group.
The Shetland Cetacean Group was established in 1993 to try and encourage an interest in these mammals in Shetland.
- Dolphins and Man.....Equals?
Intelligence of dolphins versus man and more.
(Unfortunately the Page loads very slow.)
- Heal with the power of dolphins.
The Dolphin Within Society is an Australian-based research institution dedicated to exploring the effects on people of interaction with dolphins, and to developing methods of dolphin-assisted therapy.
- The Whale Watching Web.
A great server with lots of info! A must. They also have a huge page with links, books, videos, all dolphin/whale related.
Join us on a wonderful journey into the world of Cetaceans, those mysterious animals that spend their entire lives in water.
Exploration of human-dolphin interaction.
- WhaleNet at Wheelock College - Boston
WhaleNet is a unique interdisciplinary, hands-on, collaborative telecomputing project to foster excitement and learning about the natural world in schools across the nation and around the globe. A big page, lot's of stuff. They have some photos, too.
They offer whale watching tours.
- Dr. Dolphin.
Why does swimming with dolphins help humans heal? A computer-wielding "neurohacker" may have found the answer. by Richard Blow
- Swim with dolphins in Nassau, The Bahamas.
A place where you can swim with dolphins.
- The Wild Dolphin Project.
- Hong Kong Dolphin Watch.
Whale and dolphin watch tours in Hong Kong.
- The Dolphin Research Center. Yes, finally they have a small Web page.
- If you want to swim with dolphins check this out.
- Swim with dolphins at The Bahamas.They call themself "Dream team".
- New Zealand Whale & Dolphin Trust.
- Whale whatching in Whashington (State).
- Earth Island Institute.
- A nice article about dolphins.
- An interesting page about the Amazon ("pink") dolphin.
- Eilat Dolphin Reef.
- Some very interesting articles about dolphins. From the Third Annual Atlantic Coastal Dolphin Conference.
- Dolphins of Kewalo Basin. He's got some nice images as well.
- Mandurah Dolphins-Mandurah in Australia.
- Adopt a whale.
- Oklahoma zoo: dolphin show.
- Meet the Whales of Hervey Bay.
- American Cetacean Society.
- Oceania Project: Caring for Whales, Dolphins and the Oceans.
- Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center.
- Dolphin tours in Scottland.
- Protected Marine Species Research and Information. A well made page. Check this out.
- Cetaceans' Signature Communications. The most complete list of marine mammal links I've seen.
- Steve Bloom. He has some dolphin images, but they are not photos any more. He is manipulating his photos a lot on the computer.
- Benthos.They have all kind of tools for under water work like hydrophones, marine cameras...
- Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins. A funny page about the spinner dolphin.